Moving Forensics Forward
Gain in-depth knowledge and proficiency on high-throughput, fully automated forensic DNA single-source sample processing through this unique certificate program. At the Center for Forensic Excellence, technicians, analysts and laboratory directors are armed with the tools necessary to overcome common obstacles to training, implementation and ISO accreditation.
- Two program choices to fit your training needs
- 8-credit, 4-week program
- 2-credit, 1-week program
- Both programs have hands-on lab training with cutting-edge technologies
- Comprehensive forensic genetics lecture series in the 4-week program
- Latest QA/QC procedures and ISO fundamentals
- Validated workflows and protocols to facilitate ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation
- Expert guidance from world-renowned faculty enables you to train others in your lab
- State-of-the-art laboratories used for single-source reference sample analysis, forensic casework, missing persons identification, parentage testing and DNA-ProKids program
- Conveniently located near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
By training more DNA experts in various countries, we can help expand forensic databases across the world and have a significant impact on the ability to identify criminal perpetrators, missing individuals and victims of trafficking."
Art Eisenberg, Ph.D.
Professor and Chairman, Department of Forensic and Investigative Genetics at UNT Health Science Center
Co-Director, The Center for Human Identification, Institute of Investigative Genetics
Former Chairman, FBI Director's DNA Advisory Board
This page last updated Nov 17, 2011